|I am extremely proud to be Headteacher of Somervale School, particularly as it has improved so much over recent years and was awarded a ‘good’ judgement by Ofsted in January 2013 in recognition of this outstanding progress. Examination results have hit record levels and the school was rightly recognised by Nick Gibb, the Schools Minister, as one of the best 100 schools in the country for progress. Recent outcomes achieved at Somervale place the school well above the national average for pupil attainment and achievement in Mathematics. The school’s excellence in Arts education has also been recognised with the award of the prestigious Arts Mark Gold standard. Somervale is one of the best schools in Bath and North East Somerset and its strong partnership with Norton Hill gives youngsters at Somervale exceptional opportunities. The school’s attendance and behaviour has been held up as an example for other schools in the South West to follow as has the exceptional care, support and guidance students receive, which was judged as ‘outstanding’ in a recent external review in March 2014. |
● We aim to raise academic achievement and career ambition for all students
● We offer a broad and rich curriculum drawing on the expertise and resources of both partnership schools to meet the aspirations and needs of all students
● We promote inspired learning and inspirational teaching
● We offer qualifications that universities and employers expect and value so that our students can progress to the best jobs and universities
A Strong Ethos
● We will develop the personal and social qualities needed to get on
● We emphasise traditional values of courtesy and good manners
● We are people centred and ambitious and promote teamwork, communication and leadership
● We promote contributing to the community and engaging with the wider world
Mr Alun Williams
|The Headteacher has the strength and determination to further improve the school and the federation.”|
“The Headteacher provides outstanding leadership. He has established high standards and is uncompromising in his drive to improve all aspects of the school’s work.”
| School Notices |
Sixth Form Open Evening
If you missed our Open Evening and would still like to know more or visit the MSN Sixth Form, please call us on 01761 402280 to discuss further.
Deadline for applications is Friday 5th December 2014.
External applicants welcome!
ASTRO - OPEN!
SOMERVALE ASTRO TURF PITCH IS NOW OPEN!
For all general enquiries or for booking information about this facility, please contact Gary Green at Norton Hill Sports Centre. Community bookings are available from Monday 5th January 2015
to visit their website or email
Thank you for your interest in our fantastic NEW facility.
| NEW Somervale Prospectus |
Midsomer Norton Sixth Form Prospectus for entry in 2015
For a printed version, please contact the Sixth Form on 01761 402280 and request a prospectus.
NEW Somervale School Prospectus for entry in 2015 (5MB)For a printed version, please contact the school on 01761 414276 and request a prospectus.
| Event Information |
A Star Danced
25th-26th November 2014
Norton Hill School Hall
£6 Adults | £3 Students
Tickets from NH Reception
Please click here to view the poster.
| Links |
| Letters Home |
|Please click here to access letters sent home to Parents and Carers.|
Note: Past letters will be systematically deleted once out of date.
Proud Sponsor of
Somer Valley FM